|Fancy Pants Man|
Fancy Pants Man holding a pencil.
|Relatives||Cutie Pants Girl (sister)|
Fancy Pants Man is the main protagonist of The Fancy Pants Adventures for Consoles and in every Fancy Pants Adventure game. He is a stick figure with orange pants and spikey hair. He lives in a place called Squigleville with his sister Cutie Pants Girl. FPM's abilites consist of being very fast, agile, and strong. He is also seen to have some experience of sword fighting/fencing as he can wield a large pencil as one.
Fancy Pants, himself, doesn't reveal much about his own personality, but based on the events & dialouge of the Fancy Pants Adventures, it is shown that Fancy is a young, noble, fast-paced, hero with little fear & constant enthusiam towards adventure. Fancy Pants is also a silent protagonist much like Gordon Freeman from the Half-Life franchise. Even when communicating with other townspeople, Fancy Pants Man says nothing, but his emotions & reations are often determined by his body language. It is also shown, in World 3, that Fancy Pants cares deeply about those close to him; this is displayed when he continuously tries to rescue his sister from being kidnapped by pirates, even after she sends rude notes to him & throws him in the Princess Pirate Ship dungeon.
Fancy Pants, while not having any special powers, is capable of many athletic feats throughout his games.
- Super Speed: One of Fancy's signature abilities, he can reach incredible speeds by simply running, similar to SEGA's Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Parkour: In World 1, Fancy Pants discovers the ability to wall jump, which later resurfaces for the sequels on. This gives him access to a plethora of parkour skills, including back flipping, wall running, wall jumping, & so on.
- Rolling/Sliding: On a steep incline or hill, Fancy Pants can crouch into a ball which, in turn, rolls him down hill; in this state, he is temporarily invincible from enemies & can simply roll into them for a stun. Instead, while running, Fancy Pants can quickly slide on the ground to either knock enemies away or just slow himself down.
- Kicking: Another of Fancy's signature abilities, when there is a snail shell or a stunned enemy in his path while running, Fancy will release a powerful kick, launching the obstacle high into the air.
- Sword Fighting/Fencing: In World 3, it is shown that Fancy Pants has an extraordinary knowledge of sword fighting or fencing after he obtains a pencil from a hidden room, which he can, from that point on, use to fend off swashbuckling pirates as well as ninjas.
Fancy Pants appears as a scrawny stick figure, with choppy, spiky hair, & most notably his signature orange pants that are commonly found fancy by all. Throughout his treks, Fancy meets many friendly townspeople that offer him a challenge of sorts, and if he completes it, he'll be rewarded with new pants colors.
Fancy Pants Man first appeared in FPA World 1, it doesn't have much of a storyline. You run through mountains, stomp spiders and collect squigles, you will find a cardboard box and jump into it, you will then learn how to wall jump. After more stomping, collecting and wall jumping you will find a hole and jump in, there you will find the boss (A penquin). After defeating him that's the end of World 1.
In World 2, he plays golf and after winning his price is an ice cream. The Mayor gives it to him but the Angry Rabbit jumps out of the hole and takes it away. FPA man jumps in the hole and decides to follow him. When he comes to the sixth stage he meets the Rabbit and fights him. When player defeats the Rabbit three times it's victory to Fancy Pants Man and so he takes the ice cream and probably eats it.
In World 3 and console game the Mayor wakes him up and tells him that he needs to fight pirates and free King's royal Bathtub. He does that but after his sister Cute Pants knocks the pirate captain, other pirates kidnap her so Fancy Pants Man needs to find her. He follows her bottle messages which lead him to a pirate bay. He enters the ship but a pirate blockade tower. He can't kill them but they give him an idea to get down the sea where he finds the Pencil, a weapon that he uses all the time after that. He comes back to the ship and finds the pirates are still there but this time he defeats them only with a pencil hit. He enters deeper in the ship and finds out that he needs to collect 3 keys to unlock the door that leads to his sister. He does that cleaning the rooms and defeating the baddies such as ninjas, pirate spiders, parrots and gooses. When he finally reaches his sister he only finds out that he became a pirate princess. She opens a door beneath him and he falls down in the ship's bottom. There he finds drunk pirate captain who tells him to go to the Forgotten Island and find him a beard and he will let his sister go. He does that, but captain betrays him and turns against him. In the boss battle he uses all of his ninja warriors to defeat FPM. If player defeats the captain FPM can be seen with his sister going home and that is the end of the game.
- Despite the few games Fancy Pants has, he has proven himself to be rapidly growing in popularity as all his games have over 100 million plays & the numbers still continue to grow. Beginning on Newgrounds, the Fancy Pants Adventures have now earned a spot on the Playstation Network & Xbox Live Arcade.
- Fancy Pants is often said to be a combination of Mario & Sonic the Hedgehog rolled into the body of a stick figure with fancy pants. This may just be a result of the gameplay being based on these two.
- When the popular Newgrounds Smash Bros equivalent, Newgrounds Rumble, was originally released, Fancy Pants never appeared in it because Brad Bourne didn't finish the sprites in time. Fancy was later released in an update of the game.